Having the technical knowledge is the first step in becoming a leader. In addition, it is necessary to develop a strong set of leadership skills in order to influence a team of people. This course develops your people skills so that you are able to step into the role of manager, leader, project manager, or point of contact with confidence and professionalism.
Today’s leader is willing to adapt and improve their team by sharpening their leadership skills, resulting in knowing how to efficiently lead by example. This course empowers you to practice the skills you need to stop pushing and start pulling. Developing the skill set of the modern leader will help those you influence to thrive within the company and it will help you to achieve your career goals.
Your colleagues have reported gaining the following benefits from Leadership Engagement (formerly called Leadership Advantage):
• Motivation: Create an environment that encourages people to want to do the things they are supposed to do.
• Communication: Make ideas, instructions, and goals clear to people in order to avoid misunderstanding and conflict.
• Managing Time: Organize and maximize time and activities in order to concentrate on the more important parts of a job.
• Developing People: Coach team members, prepare people to be more able and willing to achieve greater results.
• Planning: Improve ability to plan, develop and communicate what needs to be done in order to accomplish team, department and organizational goals.
• Goal Setting: Set and negotiate realistic goals and get the buy in of people to assure successful performance outcomes.
• Delegation: Leveraging time and effort while building a team to expand the scope of what can get done by everyone.